Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Hey Pau, what's in your face?

I have sensitive skin. Erase. A very sensitive skin. Sadly, I didn't learn from what happened to me last year.

The worst part now is that the skin problem is right in my face.

The redness on my right cheek. 


I didn't know exactly the cause or what triggered for me to have an Irritant Atopic Dermatitis. Probably because of the beauty kit I used at the beginning of the month or because I interchanged skincare products and I didn't do a patch test first. Either way, it gave a negative effect on my skin.

What did I do? 

Attending seminars really help because I was able to hear from a skincare vlogger about Philippine Dermatological Society. When you check out their FB page, you would see a list of hospitals and organisations that offers free skin consultation. Wow! 






I immediately look for one. There was a derma organisation near in our city yet I tried another one. So whichever replied first, I'll tell them my concern. It was USTH Department of Dermatology who contacted me after I left a message on their page asking if they have a slot for that day. Luckily, I was assessed after a few minutes. They would give you options and you have to answer some forms.



I followed the prescription of the Dermatologist and had a follow-up after three days.

Unfortunately, the cream didn't work and it actually became worst. The irritation spread all over my face. At that time, I was getting worried. I asked my family if I should have a second opinion and they pushed me to get one.



I contacted the Valenzuela Medical Center Dermatology but it took them some time to reply to my message. What I decided in the end was go back to my Dermatologist last year. She was the one who told me about the Irritant Atopic Dermatitis.


I'm in my third day of taking my medicine and first day of putting another cream. But I think the redness of my face somehow subside because I've only been using Cetaphil facial wash. No other skincare products even sunblock was not allowed.

One week face 


This blog feature is for everyone who has sensitive skin, dealing with skin problems like mine and spreading awareness. Yes, free consultation is absolutely good but when you feel like things are not doing okay, have yourself check by a professional. Though you have to shed money, rest assured that the best medicine and cure will be given to you. 

Don't comprise your health especially the largest part of your body

3 comments:

  1. Like me po noon naalala ko nagkarushes talaga yung mukha ko, kaya hindi ko na inulit. Maganda po talaga skin test mo tayo bago magskin care. Thanks for sharing this experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks miss pau sa advice .. sensitive skin din kasi ako

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome and helpful and beneficial

    ReplyDelete