Sunday, August 12, 2018

#PHRomCon18: Why it was memorable?

Last August 4 at IAcademy Nexxus, Yakal St., Makati, the 2nd Philippine Romance Convention was held and it was totally memorable for me.


I woke up before seven in the morning and I was freaking out that I would be late. I needed to be at the venue by nine and my approximate travel time was two hours.


It was a relief when my feet touchdown the 12th-floor building. Ang sosyal lang ng school! I went inside the convention area and was quite happy that I got in time.



I brought my books to the long table where other books were already on display. It was surreal seeing Elvyn’s Eyes there. 




I’ve seen my fellow authors and I was happy to meet new faces while waiting for our book launch.

I prepared myself that I would be called on stage and just been introduced as part of ‘A Time of Heists’ anthology. I wasn’t expecting that there would be like a one-one interview! 






It was honored to be sitting beside the Filipino authors that I’ve been looking up to in writing crime suspense.

Obviously, I am really the new blood among the batch. I was quite unsure about my answers and oftentimes, I stuttered because of my nervousness. I was thankful that I pulled it off though I knew that I could do better.


It was such a wonderful experience that I would totally not forget.


After our book launch, there was the Crime and Consent Panel that was very interesting.


Though I wasn’t able to listen fully during the talk, the speakers were very knowledgeable and answered the questions thrown to them with conviction.


The most colorful and I believed the most awaited talk was the LGBT Panel. 



The speakers were very honest with their answers and even revealed how their parents and families found out that they were gays.


There was a book launch of Tale Craft MCSA 4.

It was followed by Coach Aileen Santos who talked about courtship through the ages which were an eye-opener, especially to the Millenials.

There was a discussion about French as the language of Love by Sir Martin Marvin Macalintal.


Romantic Filipino tropes were being tackled with the Filipino Panel.


And closing the event was the trio from Comedy Cartel who made our stomach and cheeks in pain because of too much pain!


Kudos to Sir Mike Unson! 

It was a successful event and I truly enjoyed every bit of it.

Presenting some of the booths:







A big shout out to Claire and Janet for coming and buying my book, from the bottom of my heart, thank you, Mommies! You made the event and day for me extra special.


My book haul and freebies!



I can’t wait for the 3rd Philippine Romance Convention next year. Yes, I would definitely be there!

No watermark photos were taken by Mayumi Cruz, Aileen Santos, Yeyet Soriano and from Romance Writers of the Philippines' Facebook Page.

4 comments:

  1. Wow i was so amazed miss pau, nkkaproud yung ksama k ng ibang mga authors, ang galing2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow i love books po i bought anything and consume time reading. I like reading kasi my mind travels a lot. Pero.that was years ago as i coulf not even afford to finish a book na due to chores and kids. Wish am one of them who witnessed this event..Bilib talaga ako sa mga writer as in..The dedication etc.hirap din kaya magsulat . Way back high school challenge na for me as a staff writer turned feature editor how much yung may ma publish na book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Love! You should attend the event next year! I hope you can go back in reading books. Thank you! :)

      Delete