Monday, September 24, 2018

Movie Review: Love and Cooking with Little Italy

Last Saturday, I was one of the lucky guests of the special screening of Little Italy. It happened at Cinema 8, Greenhills Promenade. 



This was the second time that I watched a movie in the said cinema house. My friend whom I invited was truly happy because it was her first time to see a film there and it was free. Thank you, Banana Peel, for the tickets!

And yes, it been a while since I had a movie review, the first this year (hopefully not the last though). 

Pros:
1. Hayden Christensen, hallelujah! 

Photo from Mudabare

I'm not a fan of this guy but it was a breath of fresh air to see him acting again! Like omg! The last time that I've seen him was during his Star Wars days (yeah, I'm just too old! Hihihi...) and he is still a cutie after how many years!

2. Pizza everywhere!

Photo from Metro US
Photo from Now Magazine

If you are a lover of this heavenly food that could ruin your diet, then you would be hungry from the beginning until the end of this movie. I like that they show different kinds of pizza and I became familiar with how to make one. I wish there is a real Pizza Organico.

3. Career versus Family
Emma Robert's character, Nikki didn't want to go back to Little Italy because she believed that nothing would ever change. 
Photo from Trailer Addict


The feud between the two fathers which affected their families and the guy she loved seemed to be the same. Yet, in her heart, she knows where happiness truly lies.

Photo from Product Placement Blog

Photo from Eater


4. The Secret Ingredient...
It was a great thing that this film not only focuses on pizza but it pinpoints the importance of other factors that can make a long-lasting relationship and life. And it is none other than love. 

Photo from The Globe and Mail

Apart from seeing Emma Roberts (Nikki) and Hayden Christensen (Leo), they have awesome chemistry by the way! 
Photo from Los Angeles Times

Their super cute Nonno (Danny Aiello) and uber charming Nonna (Andrea Martine) are lovers but they kept their affair secretly. 

Photo from Mohits Movies

They are so funny to watch and their advice to the young couple is priceless.


Cons:
Airport scene: A bit dragging and I don't think it can happen in reality.

There were dull moments in few parts of the movie yet it highlights aspects of life that are very applicable. 

I hope to see more romantic comedy films like this! Awesome casting! 

Photo from twitter.com


Perks Be With You rating: 8.5/10

Little Italy is said to be out by October 3 in cinemas nationwide. 

6 comments:

  1. am a fan of romantic comedy movies too �� aint familiar kay guy but Emma Roberts ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hayden C was Anakin Skywalker of Star Wars series. Thank you Love! I hope you'll watch it next week. :)

      Delete
  2. Natawa ako sa pizza 😂
    Rated PG?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha... I'm glad that it made you laugh Cris. I think PG but there is just one scene that quite SPG.

      Delete
  3. Cielo Jonna: Pizza everywhere :D

    ReplyDelete