Wednesday, October 3, 2018

A Throwback Date with Destination Wedding!

Are you a fan of Keanu Reeves and Wynona Ryder? These two Hollywood superstars had been prominent in 90's. And I'm very glad to see them in one movie.

I got free tickets to watch the advanced screening of Destination Wedding last Tuesday, October 2 at Cinema 6, Robinsons MovieWorld Galleria. Thank you to 99.5 Play FM!



I remembered that the first film I've seen the 'immortal' looking, Keanu Reeves, was Sweet November. I was in high school back then. Ang tanda ko na! Wynona Ryder had a part in Black Swan and that was the last time I saw her in a film.

It was refreshing to see these two actors who said to be 'married' in an actual film that focussed at a wedding.

Pros
1. The Title
Photo from pinterest

It is predictable that the story would revolve at a wedding but haven't read the synopsis, I was curious. I watched the trailer and yet, I found myself asking, what is about the destination wedding?

2. Two Strangers, One event
What are the odds that you meet a person and you are going to the same place and event? This movie truly showed what is destiny and coincidence.

Photo from Hollywood Life

When Lindsay (Wynona Ryder) met Frank (Keanu Reeves), there was that instant attraction. They just didn't expect that more than being seatmates on the plane, almost roommates (their rooms are abreast) and seatmates again in the venue, they both have the connection with the engaged couple. 

3. Of Love, Belief, and Argument... 
Photo from www.out.com

Frank and Lindsay are like stones clashing. No one wants to lose the argument. I like how they are bickering and bantering at each other. 

Photo from Zookap

Lindsey is a hopeless romantic prosecutor while Frank is a magazine writer. Both are smart people but have different perception about love, marriage, and life. 

4. The breathtaking San Luis Obispo

Photo from Social News XYZ

Photo from twitter.com


Honestly, when one says California, all I can think about is San Francisco because I've been there. When I saw that the setting of the wedding features picturesque mountains, vineyard, and garden, I couldn't help but wish to go back to California and visit the place. 


Cons... 
Some dull moments and hanging ending. 

It was not a fast paced film but because it revolved around Frank and Lindsey only, there were scenes that I wanted interaction with the people around them. I absolutely hated an open-ended movie and Destination Wedding makes me beg for more. 

I liked Keanu Reeves' character, he is very smart and at the same time, caring. It was an eye candy seeing Wynona Ryder and Keanu Reeves together again! 

Photo from kinovm


PerksBeWithYouRating: 9/10 

(There are so many negative reviews about this film but the laughs that came from the audience last night proved that moviegoers enjoyed it. I was one of them!) 

A better way to end your first week of October is to see this romantic comedy in the big screen! Destination Wedding is showing nationwide today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment