Monday, October 22, 2018

A Closer Look at the FIRST MAN...


I'm not a science geek but I love the mystery of space. Everything about the universe captivated me. When I saw shows or movies about the solar system or any celestial objects it piques my interest.

Last Wednesday, I was fortunate to attend the block screening of First Man at Greenbelt 3, Cinema 2. Thank you to 103.5 KLite for the tickets!



First Man is a bio-drama about Neil Armstrong, the famous US Astronaut who said that's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Pros

1. Props to Ryan Gosling and Claire Foy

Photo from Sunshine Coast Daily

I know a lot of women out there go gaga with Ryan Gosling but sadly, I'm not one of them. I'm not a fan of him and seriously, I seldom watch his films. Sorry, Ryan! Yet, in this movie, I was clapping my hands with his acting. He portrayed Neil greatly.

Photo from Hill Country News


I saw a serious and desperate Father and astronaut. Claire Foy as always never fails to amaze me. She acted Janet Armstrong, the loving and dutiful wife.

Photo from variety.com

Great job to both of them! 

2. The Crucial Training

Photo from Cinema Vine

Being an astronaut, I believe is a momentous job. Seeing this film made me salute all the astronauts for the hardships and their mental stability. Not all are given a chance to go to the outer space, one should prove that he was capable of properly executing the mission. The journey to the moon was not easy, it took ample time of training and being away with the family.

3. Deaths and Tragedy
Photo from Mashable

It was in the 1960's and the technology was not quite developed. The mission was a failure and a success to NASA. Neil lost his daughter who had a brain cancer. Sadly, some of his friends had sacrifice their lives to give way to Neil and his group to be victorious in the being the first to land in the moon.

Cons
The Ending. I was looking forward to a closure but I was left suspending.


Quotes: 
Neil Armstrong

Photo from Slash Film


"We need to fail. We need to fail down here so we don’t fail up there." -I definitely agree with this!

"You’re down here and you look up and you don’t think about it too much, but space exploration changes your perception. It allows us to see things that we should have seen a long time ago."

PerksBeWithYou Rating: 10/10

(I love the film. I truly felt that the director conveyed the story of Neil Armstrong's life as an astronaut very clearly.)

Photo from Cinema Vine

First Man is now showing and for me it is a must movie to watch this 2018! 

No comments:

Post a Comment