Sunday, October 6, 2019

MIBF 2019: My promise last 2018!

I'm a certified book lover and hoarder. When I see discounts and sales at the bookstore, I would always make time to visit and save money.

The 40th Manila International BookFair was my fourth (if I'm not mistaken) attendance and I was still amazed by how many publishing houses especially locally exist.





It took place at SMX Convention from September 11 to 15, ten am to eight in the evening. Luckily, I got my MIBF tickets again from the generous Fullybooked.

Here was my promise last year and did it happen?


Congratulations to me!

I went to the MIBF twice again!

One, on the first day which was Wednesday because I need to claim a book. I was able to check out most of the booths except the Pop Hub because I was too hungry and it was nearly closing time.

There were creative and artistic booths again! Posted some below!

My favorite booth this year! 







I only bought these books! Yet, I took photos of the items that I would buy when I come back.





Luckily, a lot of them were still present during the last day of the event.






I was extra ecstatic that my bookish friend Mariel was with me. Though I visited most of the booths again, I still found something new.





I stuck on my list but apparently, I purchased a lot in the end. I always told myself that though my pockets are empty but my heart is happy.

Here is my stash!



I didn't line up for any book signings but surprisingly two books were signed up!

With Miss Grace Chong

Meet the Illustrator and the Author!


Should I do five days trip to MIBF next year?



Let's see!

18 comments:

  1. Aww I miss MIBF. Hopefully next year makagora na talaga. Im so inggit like oh my gash hahaa! Wah nami-miss ko na rin mamili ng books pag may sale. Laging gipit nowadays eh. wattpad wattpad muna Parehas tayo Miss Pau kahit ala na pera basta happy si heart sa libro go lang!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes for the books! Aww! I hope you can attend next year, Miss Cecilia! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow ang daming sale na books grabe ang the concept ng sale ang creative ng gumawa..I love book too madami kasi ako natutunan at enhance pa memory ko.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear Miss Jennifer. I hope that you can attend the next MIBF. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  3. Wow congrats! Hoping next year makapunta din ako.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ang daming books gusto ko talaga pumunta diyan sa book fair ng MIBF hoping next year makapunta ako! Thanks for sharing Ms. Pau

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for you Miss Rizza. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations Ms.Pau more to come sana soon may budget ako para makabili ako ng books mo I love reading books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! Hope you will Miss Ma Sheila. Thank you for all the support fellow bookish! :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats Ms.Pau nakakainspired mga books for kids,soon makakapunta din ako sana dyan pag more budget to come.hehehe
    Fb Name: Diane Matualc Galves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will Miss Diane. You will enjoy buying books at very low prices. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Wow daming books. Kita ko nag enjoy ka sa event and meeting some impt. Persons. Hopefully I can go next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed it though I didn't line up for book signing. Thank you Miss Elizabeth. I hope you can attend next year. :)

      Delete
  8. Grabe daming books Miss Pau, book lover po pala kayo☺️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!mura po ng mga books.. My 5y.o child starting to ask me a bedtime stories na dahil sa kakapanuod ng peppa pig😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww your kid! I hope you can go to MIBF next year! :)

      Delete