Tuesday, September 24, 2019

Fantasy and Action with the Dragon Seal

I admire Jackie Chan especially when I learned that he does his kung fu moves and sometimes he doesn't have doubles. When I found out that he has a new film with Arnold Schwarzenegger, I want to see it!

Luckily, a friend of mine won advance screening tickets and I was tagged along. Wohoo! 



It happened last September 19 at 8 pm in Cinema 1, Sm Megamall.

Should you watched it or not? 

Here is my take with the film.

1. The Master and the Princess

Photo from Jackie Chan France

-The story started with a narration about a dragon and how greedy people became because of power. 
Photo from Filmous.com

Yet, they were good people like the Master (Jackie Chan) who keeps the seal and his daughter Chen (Yao Xing-Tong) who is the Princess and who would do everything for their people.

2. Meet Hook
-By the name itself, all I can think about was Peter Pan's nemesis. But, (Arnold Schwarzenegger) James Hook is the commander of the prison that held the Master. 

Photo from Wirewag
He likes displaying how strong he is and collecting things from famous and heroic individuals. 

3. Gigantic Villains and Evil Witch
Photo from Calvert Journal

-There is a witch who pretends to be a princess with her nasty masks and devilish ways to punish the people. 

I was totally surprised by the gigantic human machines as enemies. 

Photo from Kungfu Magazine

Wow! They are scary to me. 

4. Maps and Umbrellas
-Jonathan Green (Jason Fleymng) is a talented cartographer and it led him to discover the conspiracy in Russia. He met a young boy who brought him to China. 

Photo from Russia Beyond

The idea of umbrellas as a battle gear was incredible! It was like Icarus flying for the first time!
The shape of the umbrella too was awesome. 

5. Dragon and the Seal

Photo from Movies Room

-I love Dragons because I find them beautiful but fierce and seeing a blue dragon with its long eyelashes was cool. The film focused on the seal that could command the legendary dragon to fight the evil and why not?

Verdict: A round of applause for the story-wise and characterization. I'm not a fan of the ending though. 

Photo from LADbible

Perks Be With You Rating
: 8.5/10
(The kung fu moves by Jackie Chan and the other characters are a must-see!) 

4 comments:

  1. I love Jackie Chan and I watched many of his films. I also watched some of Arnold S.films, Comedy action for Jackie Chan and hard action for AS. I am excited to see this at he cinema. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you've seen the film, Miss Elizabeth. Thank you. :)

      Delete
  2. I think this movie is more on adventure I want to watch this as a fan of Jackie chan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes more on adventure. I hope you have seen it, Miss Jhoan. Thank you!

      Delete