Tuesday, December 31, 2019

I'm Proud of You (Myself), 2019!

What is your proudest moment this year? 

Losing weight? Reuniting with your family? Falling in love? Moving on? Finding yourself?

There are a lot of possible answers and whatever they are, be grateful for this year! 

If it changes your perspectives and beliefs, a great job! If it makes you a better person than who you are in 2018, congratulations!

This 2019, I must say is not a good year for me. 

Financially speaking. 

There were days and weeks that I was about to cry because I didn't have money in my pocket. When I woke up, I would pray that I hope I would survive this day with less than 100 pesos.

In spite of it, I thanked the Lord because he does not abandon me. 2019 is a challenging year especially that I made a decision to release a new book.

Last April, I attended a workshop called Indie Publishing The Write Way. 

My lovely workshop buddies and mentees!

It was organized by my awesome and talented friends, Cindy and Marigold of 8Letters. It opened my eyes that I can self-published my books.

I was scared though. 

My manuscript was finished in 2017 and I already submitted it to some local publishing houses but unfortunately, it was rejected.

I found an incredible editor (Ate Melai), creative cover artist (Jahric) and a worth it printing house (spearheaded by Ate Joy). So far so good. 

I was able to find an event where I could launch the book without spending too much money. I already shed my savings on the editing and printing processes. 

The day before November 2, I was having a doubt. 

Is it really happening? Will I able to sell my books? 



The book launching of Once Upon A Stone was during the Philippines Romance Convention.

I'm thankful to Miss Maita for giving a platform for my novel. 

With my fellow writers! Miss Maita is the one sitting at the center.


Words were not enough how happy and overwhelmed I was for those friends who came, dropped by, support and bought my books! 


My favorite bookish friend!

My ever-supportive Frenny!


You made my book launched success! 

It was only the beginning of the ride for me and Once Upon A Stone. 

On the 30th of November, I was luckily invited as one of the guest speakers for the first Wordsmiths Guild Writing Workshop in Pangasinan. 


All thanks to Raena and Mine for organizing a community for fellow writers. 

Thank you Raena and Mine!


Not even my misbehaved tummy stopped me from sharing my knowledge to the aspiring participants. I just hoped that they learn something from me. 

While doing an ice breaker

Group photo

Ending my 2019 with a blog post of how proud I am surviving the year with ups and downs. 


Looking forward to 2020 with an optimistic vision, inspiring heart, and a sound mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment