Monday, March 25, 2019

The first timer at Big Bad Wolf!

I've been reading posts from my friends who that they would rather go on another book sale than experienced BBW again. They advised me that it would be a waste of time and of course, I didn't listen. That's how stubborn I am sometimes.

I went last March 1, early in the morning before heading to work.  


True enough, they were fewer people browsing books at seven.
 

I checked out every aisle first. 

The books were divided into two sections, blue one for non-fiction and red for fiction.


The genres were subdivided as well. They were tables for best selling, fashion, beauty, architecture, religious and children to name a few. Surprisingly there were also tables for second-hand books which was called the Treasure Island. 


Most of the books here were below 190 pesos which were the standard price of the softbound that being sold.

I took my time going to the tables of the Fiction section particularly the Young Adult, Mystery, and Literature.

Sadly, there we books that I was eager to purchase but I didn't get for two reasons: there was no blurb at the back (couldn't buy if I have no idea what the story is all about) and for sample only (probably advance reader's copy).



However, I took photos of them and even some books that I was truly interested but quite out of the budget.
Expensive! 1k plus! :(





I only brought 1,500 pesos! I might say that I've quite behaved because the total amount of my book haul was 1480 pesos. Congratulations to me!

 



I purchased six books for my reading, two books for my inaanak and one coloring book for my other inaanak. I can't post the children's books because my 'kumares' might read this blog feature.


I was surprised that the kid's books nowadays have rewarding stickers! 


I love this because it encourages young minds to do better and study harder!
 And if you are planning to go to a book sale events like the Big Bad Wolf or the upcoming Manila International Book Fair, these are my helpful tips.

1. Attend on the first day or early morning. It is true that the early bird catches the worm. You will have a great time browsing and checking out each section.

2. Avoid going to the last day. Not only because people are already hurrying for the last minute rush but the lines in the payment counter are very terrible.

3. Bring an ample eco-bags. Even if you say you are just going to buy a few books, you would be overwhelmed and you might be surprised that you got more than what you expected.

These were the books that I purchased and the correct person who guessed it right is...


Zyian Axel!


Congratulations for winning books and thank you to those who joined! Kindly send me a PM on how to claim your prizes.



I had so fun with my first Big Bad Wolf experience and when they come back next time, I will be there again and I would definitely visit them not only once.




4 comments:

  1. Yay congratulations sayu Ms Pau 😊 Sayang di ako naksilip talaga . Gaganda ng books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can come next time, love! For sure, they will be back. :)

      Delete
  2. wow thank you so much Ms Pau ����, hindi rin ako nakapunta to buy books for my s sayang dami pa naman magandang books at activities books for her age. maybe next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should next time Miss Zyra. Thank you! :)

      Delete