Friday, May 17, 2019

Bohol, you make me fall in love! Part 2

Panglao certainly caught my heart with its magnificent beach view and breezy air. And I experienced a lot of firsts, Bohol! 

Second day
It was a jampacked day for us as we rode with the motorcycles we rented going to the famous Chocolate Hills.


It was two hours drive under the scorching sun. We paid 80 pesos for the environmental fee.

I tried ATV for the first time. We paid 400 pesos plus each (forgot the exact amount). It was difficult for me in maneuvering the motorcycle. I bumped a couple of times and the guide had to teach me again.


Yet, I told myself I should work on it. I knew I can do it. And, luckily I did! I drove going back to the station without help and enjoying the ATV!

We went to see the little hills and it was great to view on top. 


They were probably less than 20 hills.


I was expecting them to be truly brown in color like chocolate but they were greenish and it was fine with me.

Of course, our Bohol trip would not be complete without checking out the smallest primate in the world, Tarsiers! We went to their sanctuary which was a good ten minutes or so from the Chocolate Hills.

We paid 60 pesos for the entrance fee.

No flash. No loud voices. 

It was around two in the afternoon when we get there and most of the tarsiers, unfortunately, was sleeping. Understandable.


They were really small and have big eyes! It was an incredible sight to see and I hope that the provincial government would continue to take care of them.

When the clock struck four, we went to SUP for paddle boarding at Loboc River. My sister booked and paid ahead of time, 800 pesos to each person.
That's my sis!

I did my research about it but when I was actually on the board, I panicked. I got scared because I didn't know how to swim. I wore a life vest and there was a rope on my feet that were attached to the board. And still, I cried. 

I was grateful to Manong Nador who was one of our guides. He didn't leave my side while I composed myself and started paddling. I accepted the challenge. We were given an hour: 30 minutes to reach the finished line and 30 minutes to go back to the starting line.

Did I make it to the finished line? 


Yes, I did. 

I was sitting the whole time. I didn't stand up because I knew that I could not balance myself. I rowed the stick right and left. I was over 30 minutes but I was proud of myself. I thought I could not make it. Grabe nakakapagod siya sa kamay! The river was very long and murky.

It was getting late in the afternoon so Manong decided that we need to go back to the starting line immediately.

I would never forget my ATV and paddleboarding experiences because it was my first time. 

Bohol, you make me wanna go back to you soon. Thank you for the unforgettable memories and challenging adventures.

Until next time. 

Our vacation trip was not yet finished and our third day was in the province that was very familiar to me.

8 comments:

  1. Wow. So proud of you mam ..hope youd enjoy our bohol .Madami pa.pwede mapuntahan ..explore more in bohol ..��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Miss Iza! :) Yes, I'll hope to explore the other awesome destinations of Bohol soon.

      Delete
  2. wow buti po nkaligtas po kau salamat kai manong

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was safe and sound. :) Thank you Miss Julieta.

      Delete
  3. Wow..ang sarap din maka experience jan Ms Pau..taga Bohol parents ko pero never pa ako naka punta kan sa chocolate hills..sa Davao na kc kami lumaki..parang ang saya2 makapunta jan😊hope soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should visit Bohol someday Miss Anafe! :)

      Delete
  4. Oh i see hehe that must be scary too, i hate sa water talaga esp dyan kahit sanay na kami whenever we travel to diff places in Bohol every town fiesta😂 That's what Boholanos are known - present at bibo kapag may fiesta kung saan saan. I hope you can experience that too soon.
    meron din sa Sevilla, Bohol.. the hanging bridge mas shookt pero wonderful ang atv and paddling experience mo Ms Pau, ganun talaga kabado but glad you're fine ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fan of water adventure but I"m trying to fight off my fear. Oh hanging bridge! That will be nice to see. Thank you Love. :)

      Delete