Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Third Time Around Cebu, Part 2!

There were unplanned destinations and sometimes you need them to rediscover nature and yourself. 

Day 5
We bid goodbye to Cebu City and though it was not part of the itinerary, we traveled all the way to the northern part of Cebu.

We rode a bus for three hours and transferred to a motorboat which you need to pay for 120 pesos. It was a 30-minute ride which I didn't mind because it's not every day to see this kind of view.

As we reached the island, we immediately looked for a place to stay for the night. A guide took us to Malapascua Budget Inn. It is ten minutes walk from the shore, five minutes near the market and restaurants.


Not sure what's the name but it tasted like chopsuey.

For the room itself, my sister and I would definitely agree that we were a bit disappointed. There was no bed, only one mattress foam available which we shared, the aircon's remote control was not working and the water from the faucet was very salty. The room really is intended for overnight stay. Not advisable for longer occupancy. 

Yet, I liked that the owner was very friendly and accommodating. He was there all the time in the inn. 

After we settled our things, we hiked to the lighthouse tower.

It was almost an hour walk and my feet were hurting because of the jumping that I did from Kawasan. But, the sunset view was worth all the sweat and pain. 



When went to the uncrowded side of the beach where we swam with the stars above. The water was awesome, not too salty and the waves did not hit a lot. 

The road going back to our inn was an adventure. There were not many lampposts in the area. Think about walking in an unknown place with no nearby houses. Creepy right? It was like that for ten minutes and we were grateful that a motorcycle passed. We rode from Kuya's back and paid 60 or less for the fare.

And early in the morning, I waved farewell to Malaspacua.




My one week vacation ended with so many adventures and first times at Bohol and Cebu. 
Thank you so much, guys!!!

I'm looking forward to my next holiday destination! 

4 comments:

  1. The places are all beautiful. I bet you really enjoy your trip. Hoping someday I can visit the place too. Happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. I hope you will visit the place someday! Thank you Miss Elizabeth.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete