Sunday, July 28, 2019

Golden Chicken House: A Place More Than Its Name

It is true that don't judge a book its cover. 

When you pass by N. Domingo Street in San Juan and see Golden Chicken House, I would encourage you to visit and dine at the restaurant.


When you are coming from LRT 2, go down to J. Ruiz station. Ride a tricycle and tell you to drop to the establishment. You have to prepare 20 pesos for a special trip.

I was luckily invited to feature Golden Chicken House. The Chinese dining area has been around for more than 30 years. It is a family business that has been passed to the son, Mr. Jerwin Guan. The current owner who is very friendly and accommodating told us the story behind their restaurant.

Golden Chicken House fell when their father had cancer and there was a fire in the establishment. But, they were determined to keep it alive. They started delivering through bikes and it effectively helped them to go back to business.



The tragic fire experience led Mr. Jerwin to volunteer as a firefighter and eventually he established Golden Fire Rescue in 2006.

We were awe when he showed us the fire station! Wow! 



Today, Golden Chicken House is known for its affordable and freshly cooked and customized pack meals.


Good news they are delivering within Metro Manila for free with a minimum charge!


During the blogger invite, they prepared sumptuous Chinese dishes to us!

*Crab and Corn Soup and Hototay 
-The Crab and Corn Soup won my tastebud!

I 'm a fan of Hototay but this one saddened me.


*Buttered Chicken and Pineapple Honey Chicken


-With or without sauce to dip with, these two are truly delicious!

I liked how tasty they are! 

*Yang Chow Fried Rice and Crab Rice

-Not a fan of rice but these two were hard to resist.

Crab Rice was something different so my vote went for this one!

*Super Special Misua and Sieng Chew Bihon
-I was warned by my fellow bloggers about how Sieng Chew Bihon to be spicy yet I ate it.


And if you are into Chicken Curry, this is for you!

The Super Special Misua is a must order!



Ang sarap niya kahit di kayo iyon mahilig misua! And this is served as engagement noodles!

*Crispy Pata, Patatim and Porkchop
-Delicious until the last bite!

Just don't eat too much of these two though.

Crispy Pata and Porkchop for my taste buds! 


*Tokwa Fish Fillet and Lumpiang Shanghai
-These two are my favorite among the one which was served to us. I enjoyed the tokwa because I didn't taste the fish much and I think these two compliments to each other.

The Lumpiang Shanghai was a bomb! 

Never thought I would like it though the presentation of the food was too simple.

*Beef Ampalaya and Chopsuey


-If you into more vegetables, these two are recommended especially their Chopsuey which I like greatly.



*Leche Flan
-A great way to end our experience with this not too sweet dessert!


I admire the good heart of Mr. Jerwin on building a home for his employees and part of the earnings also goes to the fire station which helps during a fire rescue. Golden Chicken House is blessed with a wonderful and down to earth owner. This is not only a typical place to eat but a restaurant with so much heart. 


Contact their mobile numbers: 09228781818 and 09171871883.




2 comments:

  1. Wow the food are very yummy. What caught my attention is the special Misua. Parang gusto ko siya.

    ReplyDelete